The DJ-5 features the same “updated classic” tone as our 44-60, but is combined with the modern design appointments that make our 5-strings work. You know what that means …. 35 inches! That’s the scale length of the 55-60 and the reason all Lakland 5’s sound so good when you get down low. When you talk about clarity, tautness and tone in regards to the low B, you’re talking about our passion! Graphite re-enforcement, quarter-sawn Maple neck, it’s all there, served up by dual vintage voiced single coil Lakland pickups, hand fabricated and wound with exact tolerances in our Chicago shop.
All Lakland 5-strings fingerboards are available in Birdseye Maple, straight grain Maple, East Indian Rosewood or Ebony.
- Features 35″ scale neck for better B string tone and tight, deep bottom
- Choice of Swamp Ash or Alder body
- Available Mother of Pearl, Abalone, or Ebony block inlays and/or white or black neck binding
- Available matching headstock color in most finishes
- Fretless version available with lined or unlined Ebony fingerboard
- Available onboard Lakland LH3 or J-Retro preamp option
All USA Series instruments include a hard shell case.